An unexpected but delicious quick dip that can be made with pantry staples. Whether you enjoy dill, hot, or bread and butter, all styles of pickle can be used. Bon Appetit, and Get Cheffy!
GET CHEFFY TIP!- Before you read through the ingredient list below, remember that one of the goals of Get Cheffy is to grow your cooking confidence in the kitchen by learning to taste as you go, and adjust a recipe until you have something you’re satisfied with. Having said that, every ingredient below can be modified, omitted, increased or changed completely to make this dip your own creation; if you don’t have cream cheese, make the dip with just Greek yogurt. Don’t have any Greek yogurt in the fridge?……use sour cream or whip heavy cream until it’s thickened….want more pickle flavor?….increase the amount of brine that’s used. Taste as you go until you get something you’re pleased with.
FOR THE PICKLE DIP:
- 8oz Cream Cheese (softened cream cheese)
- 1 cup minced pickles & pickling brine
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (we use Fage, full fat)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced capers
- 1/2 cup minced scallion greens
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Begin by taking your cream cheese out of the fridge and allowing it to soften for about ~30 at room temperature. In a pinch, we’ve “softened” our cream cheese in our standing mixer by using the paddle attachment and having it run on medium speed to heat and slacken the cold cream cheese. Once your cream cheese has softened, add your minced pickles, minced scallion greens, minced capers, horseradish, black pepper, and Greek yogurt. Mix on low until combined (scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally). With the mixer back on low speed, gradually add in your pickling brine, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the consistency of your dip has loosened. Taste your dip at this stage and make any adjustments for additional pickles, horseradish, brine, etc. Once you have a taste and consistency that you like, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with chips or crudités.
GET CHEFFY TIP!- Red pepper flakes, hot sauce, and other herbs like dill, parsley, and basil can all be added to this dip to augment the flavors and create something that is uniquely yours (you Cheffy little thing).